Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thankyou Ba

Hey guys,

So Miss Emma Ba has inspired me to create this blog page which wasnt too hard seeing as though I have actually worked it out! So now everyone can check this out instead of logging onto facebook, and yes I know FOU you have modernisied and are now on facebook but now you can be a 'blog' follower! And plus now ol' G-dad can keep up with me too!

So as you all know im still in Minneapolis, Minnesota and had a sleep in today - nice. Got up and headed out to the mega "Mall of America". Its in Minneapolis and is the biggest shopping mall in America with over 400 shops, an under water world, nickelodeon universe and lego land all inside the mall. It was really nice very big like parramatta westfields. Got there around 1ish and had a look around couldnt really buy anything wont fit in the dam pack!!! haha Around 3pm Faye was getting tired so we headed off back home.

Still quite humid here but overcast. Nancy has a lill veggie garden and she grows shallots, radish, peppers, tomatoes and Kohlrabi, its a vegetable
that you can cook but you can also eat it raw with a sprinkle of salt. The texture reminded me of a cross between a potatoe and an apple. Its light green on the outside and white inside. We also had these tiny pretzel squares that had peanut butter in them which gave me a laugh, after me telling them all that they are peanut butter obsessed!

Had so dinner and then re packed my pack - i'll have this down to a fine art before too long! And I was finally able to get skype up and running yesterday so I talked to mum & dad and the crew, Then spoke to Ash, Af & Kerri which was great. Ive been in touch to with Kelly, who is from NZ and is going to the same camp, were going to meet tomorrow and catch the bus to camp. I leave at 7am and fly to Boston, Massachusetts. Then we will catch a bus to Plymouth/ Kingston which is where the camp is. If you want to google earth it look up Camp Mishannock and you can get an ariel view. Looking forward to it and cant wait to start the new adventure.

Had to say goodbye to Faye and the family tonight, they have been great, I really appreciate everything they have done and shown me. It was been wonderful to be able to get an insight into the lives of a terrific loving family. So thanks to all the Kuhlmanns THANKS a buch you guys have been great and i'm looking forward to seeing some of you 'down under' in the near future.

Speak to you from Boston next
Cheerio

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Gem.
    I will put you up on my desktop so i can access it easier.
    Good idea by Em.
    You will be looking forward to working with the kids when they come.
    take care
    kerri x

    ReplyDelete