Thursday, July 15, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

Hiya

Its now Thursday and I’m buggered! Its exhausting having to watch 6 teenage girls constantly for 24hrs a day, making sure they aren’t getting up to mischief and the likes, thank god there are no boys here that would be a nightmare.

On Monday we just had an ordinary day nothing much to tell really except that Hollie
& I were just feeling sad and sorry for ourselves having to stay home and watch the little tykes while the girls went out to AP’s the bar where Weston works and low and behold this time they got a lift back with the manager, haha go girls!

Tuesday ordinary camp day except it was make your Sundays after lunch which the kids loved.

Wednesday was trip day so we had 2 activities in the morning and then off the roller-rena for roller skating. Took about 45mins to get there and we had hired the whole place out which was cool. I wasn’t going to have a go after mum reminded me that it might not be such a great idea with my bung knee, but then the excitement and adrenaline kicked in and I just had to give it a go. After an extremely wobbly start – swoosh swoosh swoosh there I was roller bladding round in circles the wind in my hair, I felt like a kid again! (The other reason I also wanted to have a go was the fact that if you were skating you were allowed to wear jeans and I will jump at the chance to get out of the god awful beige shorts we have to wear on trip days)

So back to camp and it was pouring rain the whole way so we had to have all the kids inside and they had been eating lollies all day and were on a huge sugar high jumping screaming shouting its insane the amount of junk these kids eat, every day at 2pm after rest hour they have canteen where they get to choose either 2 candies and 2 chocolate bars and then get a 700ml soda and these kids are as young as 6 & 7 and then they wonder why they are up so late and not sleeping.

Some of the girls went to watch a movie in the office while Hollie plaited my hair in tiny tiny plaits so that tonight when I take it out and brush it, it will be an afro because tonight its Halloween and us counsellors get to run the night. So we set the scene last night by telling some of the girls that back in 1950’s on the 15th July all the campers mysteriously disappeared and their bodies where never found and then every year on the anniversary of their disappearance their souls come back and haut the new campers. It was so funny they were so scared and one of the girls was nearly crying. Tonight we have all different outfits Hollie is a witch, Marie is a clown, Ola is a skeleton, Verena is little red riding vampire, Nicky is Jane the Vampire from twilighit (Ash I’m assuming you’ll know who that is?) Leigh is a devil, kel is a prisoner, Kasia is a mummy, Sarah will be a dead angel and I’m a black cat. I think we are more excited than the kids.

We have planned a walking ghost tour of the camp and are going to have counsellors at each place to scare them – we told them they will need to be wearing nappies coz they’ll be so scared they’ll wet their pants – which they found quite amusing but we may have made a rod for our own backs because if its too scary they wont sleep which means ill be up all night trying to get them to bed.

We didn’t end up being able to get the Red Sox tickets they were just 1 random seat here and there not all together so that idea has been scrapped but we have booked the YMCA a hostel in the ‘Back Bay’ area for Friday night. The hostel is only 5 minutes from ‘Fenway Park’ which is where the baseball is on at so we will go out Friday night, sightsee around Boston on Saturday then find a bar that’s near the game.

Cant wait till of out of the dorm as I have every intention of getting up early and trying to skype you guys. Fells like I’ve been here for ages but not homesick, just missing talking and seeing everyone which is the hardest thing. I’m actually having a really good time and all the girls were only just talking and saying how crazy it is that we only met 3 weeks ago but already we fell like we have known each other for ages which is great.

Kate Ali & Jess have a fab time on holidays hope its awesome take pics of everything and enjoy every minute of it! Love you guys.

Mum & Dad plus the Cape York crew hope your travels are going well and your having fun 4WD everywhere, if the bugs are anything like they are here then I feel your pain! Not too happy about the fishing situation though – pull up your socks you bunch of princesses!!! More fish More fish!

Portia & Cheryl ill be representing on Friday night, cant wait till Europe haha

Vicki H. still haven’t found that special something to buy with my dollar yet, but I am looking.

Last but def not least Ash I’m hanging for a cuppa (geez never thought I’d say that) and a catch up, keeping everything crossed that ill see you soon.

I don’t get the net for very long and im slowly putting up pics but they are coming and yes mum I got the disk on Tuesday thanks so much ill be eagerly awaiting my next package haha.

Shout out to G’Dad hope Jennie was hooked you up!

And as someone very special always tells me……
Cheerio for now xox

No comments:

Post a Comment