Monday, July 26, 2010

P Town

Yesterday was Friday we got a late breakfast at 9am, as we went to water country the day before, it rained in the afternoon so campfire was cancelled. It was meant to be international campfire so instead we did it inside and each of the girls talked a little about their country, Nicky and I did ours and we just gave out little koala and kangaroo key rings and they all tried vegemite which of course they didn’t like.

We were off at 8 and we had already book Borat we raced back to swamp view got dressed and headed for Plymouth. We decided to try out a new place so we went to ‘T-bones’ a bar in the main street, it was decorated like a western style bar with a bull head on the wall and number plates on the wall. They had good cocktails but no decent talent in sight just old guys with long beards and beer bellies, not exactly what we were looking for.

Walked a little further down the street popped our head into the Irish bar…..dead. Onto the cabby shack it is! They had a live band playing but still no talent mostly an older crowd 35 plus, stayed until 12 then went home.

Got up early, got ready and headed back into Plymouth with Nicky, Leigh and Verena as it was our day off today. Bought a ticket on the ‘P-Town’ ferry at 10am and boarded to ‘Province Town’ this was about 2 hours on the boat from Plymouth and is situated on the tip of ‘Cape Cod’. It is a really nice seaside town with a great main street full of shops, pubs, restaurants and cafes. It reminded me of a bigger version of Berry but has a huge gay community. I had a really nice time just relaxing and strolling down the street, all walks of life in ‘P Town’ that’s for sure! And so many dogs, dogs in shops, dogs in cafes, dogs in prams, dogs in clothes, dogs in sunnies there were dogs everywhere it was so cool (reminded me of Lexi)

We had lunch at a pub, I had ordered the salmon and ended up with a tuna steak instead??? Wasn’t bad but I think I would have like the salmon better. Then we wondered around, looked in the shops – I bought a really cute black beanie/beret with 3 little brown buttons on the side, and yes I know its summer but I’m assuming that it may be a wee bit cooler when I get to England.

Back on the last ferry at 4.30pm and back to Plymouth, for dinner we went to ‘mama mia’s’ a really nice Italian restaurant overlooking the water, I had chicken cooked in lemon, white wine, capers and pasta – it was beaut but huge I was so full and it looked like I hadn’t even touched my meal, same with the girls so we got it in a doggie bag and we’re looking forward to having it for lunch tomorrow. As its Sunday they don’t give us lunch just a snack at 2pm, and as I have previously mentioned the food is recycled and its all freshly unfrozen so having real food for a change is so nice and we have to savour it for as long as possible!

After dinner we headed for ‘Charlie’s Cupcakes’ and got a little something for when we got home. Trusty Borat comes and gets us and heads back to camp, on the way he reveals he loves marijuana and smokes pot but has given up and hasn’t used in 2 weeks haha so funny! Back to swamp view, showered and now watching Charlie’s angel’s, just ate my cupcake (chocolate cupcake with mint icing) it was absolutely delectable they best cup cake I have ever had!!

It was nice and warm today but overcast, Verena, Nicky and I got really burnt – I look like I have a white t-shirt on! The other girls who had the kids today went into Plymouth and went to the beach and they are all really burnt too! That’s all for now, hope everyone is well.

Cheerio xx

No comments:

Post a Comment